ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tom, a common tabby but a noble cat

The Christmas Cat

Tom is all ready for Christmas.  He has had a warm bath and is so clean and feels so fresh that he is planning to go caroling tonight.  Now Tom is very well behaved.  He does not knock the ornaments off the Christmas tree or jump into the tree or attack it in any manner.  The fact is, he mostly ignores it.  At first he was a bit disturbed when the lights were turned on, and at the same time a small sound of carols began to play.  The sound is small and sllightly tinny, not like the fuller sound of radio or television.  But he soon got used to it.  I always turn off the carols when I'm not going to stay near and listen.  With his usual nonchalance, he stalks off to sit upon one of the different chairs I have just put in the living room, to replace a worn one.  He appreciates the new and different and can't wait to initiate it to his own comfort.

I had always heard that cats do not like to be in water  Then not long ago, I heard someone say they knew a cat or two who actually swam in water.  Now that seems to be contradictory to cat nature.  So when I bathe a cat, I always prepare for the charming creature's struggle to get out of the water.  You may find this helpful when you want to bathe your cat.  If you have double sinks in the laundry room, or the kitchen, this arrangement is ideal.  Fill one side with warm water and Woolite and the other side with warm rinse water.  Have one or two large towels (beach towel) at hand.  {Or wait until summer, and with the hose fill a bucket with water.}  Be brave.  Place the cat in the Woolite solution and rub the fur, keeping the face out of it.  Then place feline in the rinse side and rub the fur free of the suds.  Remove cat from basin and place on towel and rub briskly.  When as dry as you can rub the fur, place the cat alone in the utulity room, or bathroom, and close the door.  Give her, or him, time for grooming in his, or her, own unique way.  Then let your friend out when sufficiently dry, and enjoy the satisfaction on your cat's face.  Maybe, you'll be rewarded with a definite purr.  Merrie Christmas to you and your favorite fur ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment