ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

King of the Cats

Tom is here with me right now.  He always knows when I begin work on the computer and under-stands that I cannot accomplish anything at all without his presence.  He is usually right on the desktop with me, but at this moment is on the floor at my feet.


I have a little story about why Tom is king of the cats.  Once upon a time a a man sat by the fireplace in his cabin watching the fire die to embers.  He relaxed in the warm darkness half asleep with his faithful cat in his lap.  As the last red ember fades out, his cat leapt off his lap and announced,
"I am King of the Cats.


Tom is his successor, announcing his presence, giving his orders, checking out the land in the morning, surveying the wildlife through the windows, and sharing his affection with me as his mistress.   I also add this.  He is the greatest appreciator of luxury he could be.  He is fair to the utmost about the luxuries of this domain.  He makes sure he gives his full attention to every piece of furniture that exists in this house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment