ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

You who bond easily with cats may know they will follow you when you walk for exercise as faithfully as dogs, although they may wander a bit and then catch up.  Did you also know that cats were employed in ancient temples to patrol the temples to protect their valuable jeweled images from thieves?  When you see your kitty making rounds in your house about 10 pm, its ancestral memory may have been aroused.  That goes for both males and females. 
Tom the noble follows me about in the house.  This takes place mostly in the morning, because he is basically a housecat.  Lately, I put him out at night, rather that he is less willing to go out than formerly.  As I have said, he is big on routine, but he also changes his routine from time to time.  One routine he has been quite consistent about is leading the way for me -- as soon as he is let in the first thing when I move in the morning -- to go into the garage and turn off the switch to the yard light.  The yard light is standard in our neighborhood from the time each house was built.  Satisfied when that is done, he also leads the way back inside for his breakfast.  He makes short work of that and keeps me in sight while I make standard preparations for continuing my day.


Watch your own cat, and see if I am not right, at least to some extent.  Put fun in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment