ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Tom's Internal Computer

Right now, Tom is lying on his back up against the wall in my office, his hind legs up and his paws curled.  He is white furred all the way to his legs.  I think I have mentioned before that he is very big on routine, and somehow he always knows where I am -- at least in the house.  Example:  When he first come in in the morning, he goes directly through the kitchen, utility room to the garage door which he puts down his head to butt his way through.  Then he goes just ahead of me to the front
to the switch for the yard light.  It was on a timer, but the timer wore out, and I turn it on with
the switch which does work.  After, he turns and walks, or runs, back to the door and leaps up
on the dryer to eat his breakfast.  I put his dish up to prevent ants from swarming to cat food.  Yes,
I spray for insects, but they got into the ducts when the house was being built, and their descendants
have been there ever since.


In the mornings when I get up he does not appear at the glass door.  Somehow, though, by the
time I have sipped water in the kitchen and go back to the door, there he is with his morning
greeting ready to being his day.  The thing is, I am very quiet, even in turning on the water.  How
does he know I'm up?  Does he hear the water outside the house from the water lines, or is
he psychic?  I think he has a video on his internal computer mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment