ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Barbara Lockett, Author: Patrolling and Tom Has a New Girlfriend

Barbara Lockett, Author: Patrolling and Tom Has a New Girlfriend: TOM, THE WATCHCAT Did you know that cats were placed in ancient religious temples as watchcats to prevent thieves from stealing the jewels.  Watch your own cat.  There may be a time at night, or later in the evening that the faithful feline will patrol through your house, room to room; it is her duty.

Last summer a dark furred feline showed up at the patio door who had also eaten Tom's dinner when I put it outside.  Lately, she sat on the step and called.  Receiving no answer she waited on the small table. But it all came to nothing.  She was ignored.  Tom will not go out, until it is twilight.  Maybe, it also has to do with the fact that he is neutered.  However, he does check on the two cats next door who are house cats by looking in the patio door of their house.  One of the cats is a female, the other a male.  Before, the new fence went up last spring, the two males used to watch each other through opposite windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment