ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

TomaCommonTabby but a NobleCat

Tom has become more affectionate than usual these days. When I sit down to read, and more so when I sit at the computer to download e-mail or compose something, he appears from somewhere I did not see him. All I know is a bit fur-covered body with a head is on my lap. The paws are heavy clinging, claws pricking into my legs, and the head is burrowing under my arms pushing them off the keyboard. I usually don't get relieved, until he has had his measure of attention. He especially like to have his jaws rubbed, which i understand most cats do. However, most of the ones I have known put most of their ardor into responding to their backs being smoothing petted. Tom likes his jaws, chin, and chest getting the rubdown that he drools out the mouth -- on me, which I don't enjoy. Another aspect of this, wherein he does not get petted much, is the occasional nap I try to take. I could about count to ten counts, and feel the heavy paws come down beside me and climb up on my side to hang over on me, heavy enough to depress my breathing. I have said he is heavy, not com-pared to some cats. He just has a high density. I have read that cats are psychic. This one has his senses tuned to my movements, and is as depend-able as an alarm system. So pet your own cats and feed them on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment