ABOUT ME

I have invited you to let me tell you about Tom, my amazing friend of the feline specie. Love for the feline specie comes from the story of Peter Rabbit and Mr. Mcgregor wherein the white tabby is grooming herself by a pool of water. Later I collected insects and rocks growing up to becoming a chemist with a major oil company and later a college chemistry instruc-tor. Moving to other cities, family, etc. I lost contact with that field. Among other things, I have performed as a singer, speaker, museum docent, book recorder, newspaper reader for the blind; worked to establish a lighting business and got a mas-ters degree in radio/tv production and performance. My latest work is writing popular fiction, novels. I will try to entertain with stories about Tom and what I've learned about cats.

WELCOME

This is for all of you who love cats, who live with one, or more,. It is also for those of you who value friendship and enjoy the company of others. I welcome you into my life, about my cat and me. It may be we have other like interests and special loves than cats and friendship, be-cause I like to share, at times, some special insights, or some degree of enlightenment that may spring upon me. So, please join me for a little part of your day.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tom, the Timid

Despite Tom's size and strength, he has a timid, perhaps shy or a "prove you are friendly" aspect.  He is larger than average weighing 10.5 pounds with long forelegs and paws, and a long ringed tail, which moves and curls constantly, except when he is in deep sleep.  His paws are big and white with pink pads, and he loves to flex them when on my lap.  Yes, it's catlike to do so.  But when I yell, "Ouch" he is more careful.  He often lays with his forelegs spread forth in the position of the sphinx of Eguptl; and when he gets up from a nap he stretches his hind legs like a ballet dancer.  His timidity,however, is more for men tha;n for women.  The women of my family, he favors more by letting them pick him up  and pet him.  In times of holiday gatherings he hides under the bed.

He is prescient and comes on the scene when I sit down to work at the computer, where he is now, so thies comments complete today's blog, says Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment